If you already live in Kunming, stop by for a visit or come and sit in on a class. You can also read more about us, hear from current and past students and check out school photos online at: www.tenwest.cn and http://www.gokunming.com/en/
Fill out our application form or set up an appointment to apply in person. For students who require visa application documents there is a ￥200 RMB (about $25 USD) application fee. As soon as we receive the application forms and fee, we will send out an admission letter and the official documents you will need to apply for your Chinese student visa.
All students desiring to study Chinese at TenWest are required to complete the Application Form for International Students (Download the PDF form by clicking on the image).
Those wanting to study full time and needing a student visa and/or a dependent visa (for other members of your family), need to provide the following documents.
1. Photocopy of your passport picture page.
2. Photocopy of the highest diploma/degree that you have attained.
3. You will also need to buy international student health insurance. TenWest can assist you in purchasing the insurance. The price for the minimum insurance to meet the student visa requirement is 200 RMB/Year.
4. To apply for a dependent visa for your spouse, you need to provide a copy of your marriage certificate which has been notarized by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your passport country.
5. To apply for a dependent visa for any children, you need to provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate which has been notarized by Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Students intending to study for 3 months or less do not require a student visa, as tourist visas can often be issued with up to 3 months validity.